DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

medical exam logistical questions...

Posted by gofrance - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by gofrance - 14 years ago

Thanks! That makes sense...

I just noticed the address, 208 Rt de Grenoble, is NOT at Centre Administratif... I was thinking it was for some reason. Does the bus stop at OMI, do you know?

Thanks again!

Sorry no image available
Posted by SammyT-194551 - 14 years ago

oh, lana, you beat me to it!  you must type faster than i do, *S*

Sorry no image available
Posted by SammyT-194551 - 14 years ago

Hi, I think "la presente convocation" is just the sheet that you're holding with all the instructions on it.

I didn't have a vaccination book when I went, it was fine - the doc just named off a bunch of vaccinations (the names are pretty similar in English), and I gave him rough estimates of when I'd received them.

"Les radios recentes" is the x-ray(s) you are supposed to receive at your first exam.  Do you have two appointments?  I had one in the morning for the x-ray, and then one in the afternoon for the doctor's visit.

Can't help you about the amount of money, or where the office is, but after it's all done, you head back to the prefecture with the paper saying that you are medically okay, pay whatever the fee is, and then get your permenant cds.  In my area, I was told the prefecture appreciates it if you make an appointment to do this.  Good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

"radio" refers to any x-rays you might have. Don't worry about the vaccination certificate.

"convocation" refers to the piece of paper you have demanding your presence for an appointment.

I have no idea about the payment, as mine was free because my husband is French.

My medical exam was in Nice centre, even though I live in Cannes and yes, I did have to return to the Prefecture for the temporary Carte de Sejour. The definitive, laminated Carte de Resident was painlessly delivered at the Departament des Etrangers at the Maire Annexe at Cannes la Bocca, which took all of 5 minutes and was a very pleasant experience compared to everything that went before.

Lana