DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

missing channels

Posted by allegra-216667 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Softail - 5 years ago

Thanks for that,Flamingo, on the roof to fine tune.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Flamingo-205057 - 5 years ago

Softail - going forwards everything will still be at 28.2E, so no need to follow 1N!

2F (already up there with CH4 HD, ITV London HD and the Five Channels) and 2E (next year) will eventually have most UK channels on there.

However, the satellite beam footprint is focused more tightly on the UK for both of these new satellites (newer technology), so you may need a bigger dish.

Any channels you have lost now will not be coming back - unless you get a bigger dish or fine tune the alignment, connections, cabling, etc. on your exsting system.

Sorry no image available

It says on the Astra website that once all the UK frequencies have been withdrawn from Astra 1N, the satellite will be repositioned to serve continental Europe?? Also Astra 2E will be ready to launch by the second quarter of 2013, my understanding is that you may lose some channels until all the old satellites are replaced and the new ones are up and running fully?? Anyone else have a better understanding ??

Sorry no image available
Posted by citic-213768 - 5 years ago

I have a 90cm dish and in the day I get a good picture on HD4 but in the evening zero but I can get channel 4 in the evening  and the picture is good. also ITV 1 HD has gone 

Sorry no image available
Posted by mcgreen - 5 years ago

Not uncommon for the signal to disappear in the evening when its strength is really marginal. The channels you mention are the ones that have moved to the new satellite (2F) with the more focused beam. I noted around a 25% reduction in signal strength for the new beam in this area. As noted previously a realignment of the dish may help but a larger dish might be the way to go especially if you wish to maintain signal in wet conditions. On a 90cm dish that I know is well aligned I have no trouble getting the channels but it is not raining at present.

Sorry no image available

Hi, My  ch 5 is fine during the day but at night it is weak and pixelated, 3-4 days now. All other channels are fine. I ahve a 90 cm dish. Any suggestions, new frequency etc ???

Sorry no image available
Posted by allegra-216667 - 5 years ago

Thanks- they came back by themselves but at least I know what to do now if they dissapear again!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Flamingo-205057 - 5 years ago

It's because Ch4 HD and all of the 5 channels have moved to a different satellite (still at the same location in the sky) which focuses it's beam more tightly on the UK. 

What size dish do you have?

Check the dish alignment, the cabling and the connections. If that doesn't work you may need a bigger dish.

Sorry no image available
Posted by EnfantDuSoleil - 5 years ago

Hi, do you mean UK satellite TV?

BBC three by any chance?

Some channels recently changed frequencies, simplest is to do an automatic re-scan of the satellite. Go to system settings or whatever its called on your particular satellite receiver box, slect auto scan and it should find the moved channels for you...