DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Mobile Phone Help Required

Posted by kegan5 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

Yeah I already have an unlocked nokia, its a particular handset Ive seen in france that I wanted

If you buy a phone that's unlocked, it'll be expensive. If you buy one with a pay-as-you-go card, it'll still be expensive, but not outright highway robbery. The only way you can get a phone at a reasonable price is by having a contract included. Having said that, have you tried shopping for an unlocked phone on the internet?

Lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by kegan5 - 14 years ago

Yeah I already have an unlocked nokia, its a particular handset Ive seen in france that I wanted

:)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Charliegirl-191256 - 14 years ago

Hi Kate

If you already have a phone there is no need to buy another, just contact your service provider and for a fee (ie UK 02 charged me £15 for the unlocking code) you can go to any mobile shop and for around Euro30 they will supply you with a French sim card.  This way you get the best of both providers, just switch your sim when travelling back and forth.

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

This site is very helpful if you can read French:

http://www.francemobiles.com/

Your phone will be tied to a service provider, but you can get it unlocked for a fee. There are shops around that will do this for around 25 EUR.

Lana