DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Monaco Yacht show - 2 questions

Posted by dublinmike-182617 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by the_geezer - 14 years ago

OK, well to answer my own question, following a google search, this al Rachid fella is a Saudi businessman. Whatever THAT means!

And he was photographed at a Monaco Yacht Club function with this wife. Surely they meant 'granddaughter'. Please tell me he's not married to a child!

The Geezer

Sorry no image available
Posted by the_geezer - 14 years ago

So who's this Doc al-Rashid when he's at home?

Is he famous for anything?

The Geezer

Sorry no image available
Posted by theresponsibleadult-188195 - 14 years ago

The Show was excellent in all respects - to elucidate would be indiscreet !<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

News Flash for you StGeorge; That statement was indiscreet!!

If you and the lady who accompanied you did nothing which requires discretion, then you have implied that that was not the case.

If you and the lady who accompanied you did something which does require discretion then you have just been most indiscreet.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

The Lady Moura still belongs to Dr. Al-Rashid , the ex husband of Mme. Mouna Ayoub , the owner of the Phocea ( Bernard Tapies ex yacht). The LM is available for selected charter and was stern to on the old Monaco Yacht Club jetty during the Monaco Yacht Show.

The Show was excellent in all respects - to elucidate would be indiscreet !

stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by C J Flynn - 14 years ago

Is it possible that everyone hasn't finished reading 'sur la terre - Monte-Carlo' number 8?, where the good "Le docteur Nasser El Rachid, proprietaire du celebre yacht Lady Moura et son epouse" are pictured.C J

Sorry no image available
Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - 14 years ago

The family of some friends of my parents rented the boat for 2 weeks during August so please do not tell me the boat is not for charter.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

Many owners seek a great deal of anonymity, so such a site would be regarded as unwelcome by them. And doing something that is unwelcome to a bunch of billionaires is not always smart, unless you yourself have very deep pockets...

However, you can match some billionaires to their yachts by trawling gossip columns, and thanks to organisations such as The International Seakeepers Society, the founding members list of which reveals Lady Moura to be the property of Dr. Nasser al-Rashid. Of course, I can't guarantee that the information there is 100% up to date...

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by Theswan-186225 - 14 years ago

Does anyone know of a website that tells you the owners of these certain yachts are? It is purely down to noseyness on my part but I`d be fascinated to find out about most of them

Sorry no image available
Posted by mixer-186069 - 14 years ago

certainly not Paul Allen's and not available for charter either.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jjmiller - 14 years ago

Its a new rumour everytime. Saudi Royal family that sounds more like it. I've heard Paul Allen and it's alamony payment to a sheeks ex-wife. We should start a pool.