DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Mortgage Rates

Posted by J PHYTHIAN - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

HI IAM LOOKING TO OBTAIN A MORTGAGE IN FRANCE CAN ANYBODY RECOMMEND A LENDER.

10 min walk to Juan Les Pins,5 min walk to Golfe juan.50mtrs to beach & restaurants.

Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosetta-185721 - 13 years ago

Yep, I used Abbey National too with no problems - they will even come to your house.

Ro

Sorry no image available
Posted by meagherp - 13 years ago

I have a good experience with Abbey National France(Av Victor Hugo Nice). 3.440% . Also the broker I used was excellent and helpful.  www.templeton-france.com    .

ref above, personally I would rather have a Euro mortgage on  Euro asset. Then they move in step. Fair estimate value for the £/Euro currently would seem to be 1.44 based on futures rates.

Peter

Sorry no image available
Posted by Remi-193758 - 13 years ago

Hi,

have a look at this interesting web site, you'll be able to find the best rate & a lot info: http://www.meilleurstaux.com

Good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by DMG-194481 - 13 years ago

GE Capital in Cannes.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jivebaby-189615 - 13 years ago

J.... you have only given very skimy details of what you are buying and the advise re BP is spot on if......

Silly question (as this in on A.I) but do you have a Euro income -if not you will be running a significant foreign exchange risk on the repayments - If  the Euro moves to equal 1 GBP.from 1.50/0.6666.....could you afford the repayments?

Clearly buying a Euro asset with sterling doesn't throw up risk if you intend to sell at a future date to liquidate the loan...

Your income sorce, future intentions should all be aprt of the equation together with is this an investment ( investments are only investments if they can be sold to realise capital) if you are buying it to live in this is NOT the case.

JiveBaby

Sorry no image available
Posted by Shanwick - 13 years ago

Banque Populaire on Victor Hugo in Nice.  Talk to Marion Courtonne.  I got Euribor (2%) + 0.75% variable over 20 yrs.  UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES use Abbey National as they'll rip you off!