DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Move to Cannes or Nice?

Posted by lalala123 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by GolfeGirl - 4 years ago

If you guys have facebook you should join this group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Angloinfomeetup/

I've met some great people on there!

Sorry no image available
Posted by elderflower-921356 - 4 years ago

Hey Niomi! It would be great to meet! I'm sending you an email now :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by niomip - 4 years ago

Hi Lalala123 and Elderflower

I am also new to the area, looking to meet new people, and am living between Nice and Cannes! Im an English student doing an internship in Vallauris, but have yet to meet many people my age in the area.

Is it poss i could join you both for a coffee or something? 

please send me an email or something if its ok!

Good luck lalala123 in finding somewhere to live! speaking from the perspective of a visitor, Nice seemed like a better town, although i think it has a rougher reputation among the locals? 

Niomi

Sorry no image available
Posted by lalala123 - 4 years ago

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments - very helpful indeed!

Elderflower, meeting up sounds great! I will send you a message now.

Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by Loes-260030 - 4 years ago

Nice is cheaper to live and also there is more to do.

Check out this web site for public transport, always make sure you can take train or bus as there are frequent train strikes.

Good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by glorfindalgone - 4 years ago

NIce, Nice all the way. Your moving here in the autumn, Cannes is a summer town, so it's a quieter place off season.  If you know people there then that may be a good option, but Nice would be a better choice. It's a bigger town with more to do and more people to meet. There are plenty of buses and trains between Nice and Cannes( up until 9ish at night weekdays) so travelling between the two  will be easy.  Hope this helps a bit. Hope you have a good time here..

Sorry no image available
Posted by elderflower-921356 - 4 years ago

Hey! You must be going to be a language assistant, with only 12 hours a week! I actually just came to the area too, I'm American and working as an au pair in Antibes, which is between Nice and Cannes. Obviously I don't know the area too well yet, but from what I've heard, there is a lot going on in Cannes, and it is easy to get back and forth by train. The regional trains going from Cannes to Antibes to Nice, etc. come very frequently. That said, you could use that argument for living in either place! I think you'll find enough to do in Cannes, and having a quicker commute is definitely a plus.

I'd like to go to the Franglish exchanges too! I've been hoping to go but haven't made it yet. Maybe we could meet up some time when you get here? Just send me an email if you'd like to!

Good luck!