DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Mrs Stella Sanko from Ivory Coast

Posted by lisa-180286 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

I have today received this mail via Angloinfo, everyone beware as if you didn't already know this is a huge scam:

E-mail.stella_sankos60@yahoo.com

Abidjan,Ivory Coast.

Dearest one,

In brief introduction,I am MRS Stella.J Sanko. The wife of the late DR FREDERIC SANKO, of the blessed memoryprior to my husband assassination by the forces loyal to major JOHN PAUL KOROMAH, my husband was the Director general, National Gold and Diamond Mining Corporation of Sierra Leone. Two days before my husband was assassinated he instructed my children (Kingsley and MAXWELL ) and I to move out of Sierra Leone immediately to COTE D'IVOIRE, a nearby Country. We left with the sum of $25.MILLION USD,(TWENTY FIVE MILLION DOLLARS) before the powerful Economic Community of West Africa in States(ECOMOG) forces intervened which eventually resulted into a brutal civil war. This funds on our arrival to ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE. I, successfully deposited the funds into a security company in my name for security purpose without the management of the security company knowing the actual content of the...

lizzie-lou

Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nice&Easy - 15 years ago

Believe it or not an Account in  Cheshire and a Solicitor in Manchester!!  and 6 private individuals in the Manchester Area. No amounts where disclosed but they were believed to be in excess of £30k each.

This was 3 yrs ago but the scam was well publicized then, its Amazing who is drawn into these ridiculous scams do you want to give any of your money please honestly I will pay you well for your service!!! I don’t think so!! Greed is the only motif.

“Owt for nowt” my gran used to say and she was always  right.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lespalmiers - 15 years ago

I sent my cheque to her by post,

but have yet to receive a reply . . . . . .  . .

That will be the post strike then??

Regards, Les

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 15 years ago

Go to http://www.nigeriaembassyusa.org , click on Website and then click on Central Bank of Nigeria , Disclaimer on Advance Fee Fraud Scam in the top right hand corner - all will be revealed to those new to this ! I get up to 3 a day ,and despite informing Interpol in Lyon , by e-mail , I have never had a response from them , nor has anything been done , as the IP's idents. are changed too quickly and one can't block . Just delete and hope they give up eventually !stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by Katherine-186137 - 15 years ago

I get about 2 of these a week...usually from a really rich Nigerian hoping to share there millions with me, a stranger...................who falls for these anyway.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Admin-179828 - 15 years ago

The sender of this e-Mail will not be using AngloINFO again...-----
Forums Administrator
forums@angloinfo.com