DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Mud slides and lanslips!

Posted by stgeorge-182529 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

Janne - You know , it's maybe obvious , but if I'd just escaped having my holiday home burnt to the ground , thanks to our wonderful Firemen , and I'm in the back yard contemplating the barren hillside above with a few stubs of scrub and ex pine trees , hoping that the rains will come as soon as possible , so it will all grow again , I'd be straight up the Mairie demanding what they are intending to do when it does rain to prevent my property from being washed away or sunk in mud !

That the rains will come is not a possibility - it's a certainty !! ( ascending daytime air currents caused by black earth radiating heat and drawing moisture laden air off the sea - condensing into localised cumulo nimbus storm clouds ?? )

stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by Janne-181880 - 14 years ago

Chao, St George

"I wonder if the population living near the various areas of the Var where we've had the recent forest fires ( and it's not over yet !! ) have been warned what will happen when torrential rains hit those areas that no longer have the vegetation to stop the topsoil moving down hill , and what the authorities have planned for that eventuality ?'

What HAVE the authorities planned for that eventuality?

Janne