Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


My Property [Carcassonne] needs planning...HELP!

Posted by wishinshow - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rouretan - 16 years ago

It sounds as if it is already too late, but no-one should buy property that is over ten years old without taking independent professional advice.

You could check the Anglo-info pages for further advice: http://riviera.angloinfo.com/af/60/

And be aware that if your convertion is undeclared you may be subject to paying the cost of having it restored to original use :-(

Sorry no image available
Posted by lespalmiers - 16 years ago

You seem to like a challenge!

First question, are you in france? You need firstly to visit the local Mairie to look at their plans, this will immediately identify if this barn is in a constructible area. The planning requirements will depend on the sq metres of the property, in floor area over 1.8metres headroom (ie not into the eaves)

Secondly, you dont mention the drainage aspect - fosse septique -  this will have to comply with all the up to date regulations before any planning consent will even be considered.

give me some answers on the above two aspects and i will be able to help further,


Regards, Les