DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

My washing machine is broken... :(

Posted by cgraf - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Anybody out there who has experience with calling out a repair service for a washing machine? I live in Le Rouret.

Ta

C.

Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Blaster Bates - 14 years ago

Sounds to me like the "progamateur" or "minuteur" (depending on who you're talking to) has broken. This is quite an expensive part .You could try looking around a few of the big household goods stores that take the old machine away when they deliver a new one( the "reprises"  are usually taken to the scrapyard after a short time). Speak nicely to the store manager and he should let you look around the old machines.The part that you are looking for is fairly standard just the button chandges the works inside are the same. If you do find what you are looking for just take it off and take it home. Drop the guy a "drink" for his trouble and if it still doesn't work go back to the same store to buy a new one (at least). Make sure that youare served by the same person that let you look around the scrap and then youshould get a good deal and more than recover your "drink" Goodluck.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by wendyhouse - 14 years ago

MINE DID THAT-Tried lots of things-in the end I had to throw it out & buy a 2nd hand one on ANGLOINFO.GOOD LUCK

Sorry no image available
Posted by cgraf - 14 years ago

Well, when I switch it on - it usually starts first to pump - to remove any water, then it clicks to set in motion the selected programme. But since yesterday it only goes click, click click and does not engage the programme...

It doesn't sound like filter does it? I will give it a try nonetheles...

Ta

C.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cgraf - 14 years ago

Well, when I switch it on - it usually starts first to pump - to remove any water, then it clicks to set in motion the selected programme. But since yesterday it only goes click, click click and does not engage the programme...

It doesn't sound like filter does it? I will give it a try nonetheles...

Ta

C.

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 14 years ago

Do you really need a repair service?

Usually the problem is a blocked filter.

What seems to be wrong with it?

Tony