DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

need a ride to Paris???? I need carpool friends

Posted by ScarlettV - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

Hi there, I am currently living on the Riviera but will be leaving for paris on the 9th of June. I want to drive as I think that could be more cheaper, but what i Need is a travel buddy to split the costs of car rental. If you are interested please let me know. Oh yeah, and girls only since I am female.KB

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by ScarlettV - 15 years ago

Hi again Suzanne. Okay I went the rental agencies in Monaco and AVis quoted me at 140, and that includes drop off in Paris AND unlimited mileage;  Perhaps you had even better luck in Nice. Either way I am really anxious to make this happen........;it could be a lot of fun. Also if we need accomodation, we coould stay at one of the Formule 1 hotels. They are a very very cheap French chain of hotels for less than 30 euros a night. Keep me updated!!!!

Kelly (KB)

KB

Sorry no image available
Posted by Suzanne-185514 - 15 years ago

Hey KB,

I'm in Cannes at the moment and have checked around here but the prices are high, i'll have a check around the agencies in Nice. I have a flight leaving on the 10th aswell so will more than likely need to find accomodation for the night.

I'll get back to you later on developments.

Ciao for now.

Sorry no image available

Where are you living? I am living in Monaco right now and I could check into prices today if you want. Although a friend told me prices from Nice may be cheaper. I think Avis may have cheap prices. I asked them about a month ago what the cost of a "3" day rental would be including a drop off fee charge; They quoted me 170; Since we will only be using the car for one day it MUST be cheaper. I will check into it today and perhaps you could check around too. Either way I have a flight leaving Charles de Gaulle on the 10th in the afternoon. So, if you want to leave on the 9th really early than perhaps we could also all split the cost of accomodation that night too......IF you are interested.  Keep me updated!

KB

Sorry no image available

Hi KB,

I've been looking around and the prices are actually quite high due to the fact that we'd have to leave the car back in Paris and also the mileage is over the 250km allowed. Have you had any luck finding a cheap quote?

Suzie

Sorry no image available

hi again Suzanne, I share your interest in seeing some of France, I would like to be optimistic though as I dont think the tolls would be that much. Having said that I guess it is always better to overestimate than underestimate the cost. Apparently the drive is Just under 10 hours. I am a Canadian so I am used to driving on this side of the road, BUT i am a little bit challenged when it comes to driving standard; But I have driven in Europe before. KB

Sorry no image available

My friend would probably be coming along...non-driver unfortunately!!! so we could split the cost 3 ways..taking into account all the costs it'll probably work out around 70 € each!! Still cheaper than flying taking into account all the other costs (transfers to and from airport etc). And i'd like to see a bit of France before I leave so can't think of a better way!!! I'll have a quick check around for car rental and get back to you. Oh..we are 2 Irish girls by the way...

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 15 years ago

Actually, make that more like €90 for the fuel. viamichelin.com reckons on €142.54 for the trip, not counting the car hire...

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 15 years ago

Don't forget €59.20 in tolls, and 926 Km worth of fuel (say, another €60)...

Sorry no image available

hi Suzanne, I am desperately trying to do this on a budget too! I fgure a one day rental shouldnt cost more than 60 euros or more and we could take turns driving. If you want you can call me at  0603677970. Maybe we could even get a third person to further split the costs??????KB

Sorry no image available

Hey,

I have to get to Paris around the same time! Do you have a general idea about the expense cause trying to do it on some degree of a budget!!!!!