DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Need Moving Service - reasonably priced

Posted by Padraig-182783 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosetta-185721 - 13 years ago

Try dove.david@wanadoo.fr - he's advertised as a Man with a Van on the classifieds page and is fantastic (and very calm) just what you need when moving. I've moved twice with him: one big load and one small.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Shrek 2-196274 - 13 years ago

try vanwithaman@hotmail.com

he is very honest and trustworthy...

Sorry no image available
Posted by Squirrel-192434 - 13 years ago

Hello padraig

If 550 is the TTC price then I would say that is very reasonable.

If you roughly break that price down, allowing for two maybe three people plus overheads, its not so bad.

There is of course the cheaper option of hiring a van and moving yourself if you don't have much to shift :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pumuckel - 13 years ago

Normally, the price you get quoted is based on the cubic metres of furniture/personal belongs being moved and the distance from you old house to your new one (mileage). In general, a devis should detail the price for:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

1) main d’oeuvre (man hours)

2) véhicule & kilométrage (van & mileage)

3) materiel (card board boxes, packaging, etc. if necessary)

4) monte meubles (loading; note: the floor (ground floor, 1st, 2nd, etc.) you’re currently on and moving to (at your new place) has a big impact on this price)

5) assurance (insurance)

6) TVA (VAT)

If you get such a detailed devis from several different companies you can easily see who is the most competitive and may be in better position to "negotiate", especially if you're only moving a small amount.

Personally, I can recommend Déménagements Cartier (Les Gentlemen du Déménagement), Blvd. Carnot in Le Cannet, 04 93 45 79 39. I’ve moved houses 3 x with them and they’ve been excellent with regards to price, speed, detail, and overall service.