DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

New Business Info

Posted by leslie-179832 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hi,

I am thinkng of starting a business here, but feel overwhelmed with the amount of information that is out there. Can anyone reccomend what I should read and where I should go to get a clear and understandable idea of what to do, step by step?  There is a CCI ( Chambre De Commerce) here, should I start with them? Will they help me in English? Does who I speak to depend on the type of business? 

Thanks In advance.

Leslie

Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by gaella - 14 years ago

I am game. Currently studying with the CCI, various areas of business. I am sending you both Leslie and Kiki an email.

Gaella

Sorry no image available
Posted by leslie-179832 - 14 years ago

Hi Gaella and Kiki,

Yes, lets make a meeting for all three of us to get together and talk. I live in Cannes and would be up for a meeting one evening next week? E-mail me with both of your availabilites.  If all else fails, we will at least have a good chat and a drinkie!

Leslie

Sorry no image available

Hello Kiki,

Why don't you email me with your number so we could talk?

Gaella

Sorry no image available
Posted by kikimiki - 14 years ago

Gaella and Leslie what type of business are you guys starting I’m starting my own too maybe we can share info and help each others<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

kiki

Sorry no image available

I went to the CCI and they have good info, however in French, and you have to pay. They're not cheap. Like, 18 E for a booklet on just what structure of business you may want, from micro-enterprise to...

Then another 18 Euros for the legal aspects and so on...

I am not aware of them doing anything in English. However, I am interested in starting a business, so I am gathering info (am fluent in French). If you need help, talk, email me and we'll compare, discuss.

Gaella

Sorry no image available
Posted by leslie-179832 - 14 years ago

Ian81,

Thanks, at the end of the thread beachbum put the web site for the apce and that was just the info I was looking for. Straight forward and step by step.

Leslie

Sorry no image available
Posted by ian81-188951 - 14 years ago