DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

New location for muggers

Posted by Richard Roscoe-188823 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

Apparently the shops in some small villages have petitions asking the authorities to do something about these motorised vermin.   I have not seen any myself,  if anyone knows where they are, please post details here. 

Someone mentioned that from July the scooters will be required to be registered.  Too little too late, but it is a small step in the right direction.  I desperately hope it will apply to all scooters and not just those which are purchased from July 2004 onwards - if that is the case we will live with the problem for many years to come.

It is also a shame that some perfectly respectable kids who use scooters for legitimate transport are tarred with the same brush as the abusers.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jjoepage - 14 years ago

Sorry to hear that Richard.  This notion that 'muggers are here to stay' is sad and dangerous.  I am not ready to conceed defeat to the bastards.  What your friend did was courageous.  Don't give up and maybe they will leave without their intended booty.  It is a first step.  On a bigger scale,  people need to demand of their government/police the services well paid for; that is protection from these animals.  I call out to all to stand up against the rampant petty crime in the CdA.  We need to put pressure on young scooter criminals.

btw, Richard, I saw the swimming pool of a friend of mine which looked really excellent.  He said it was a terrible disaster before you arrived and shortly thereafter it was beautiful.  I just fired my lazy pool man this month.  I found myself cleaning it more than he did.  So, you are the man for the job from here out; I'll call you.  Hope you and your Russian wife had a great christmas holiday!!!

Its all good