DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Nice Airport commuter parking

Posted by James Morgan - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

I suspect I am not alone in my regular trips to London.  The first flight out is Easyjet and the last one in is again Easyjet.  My trouble is that my family are getting tired of having to drop me off at the airport at 5:45 am and then pick me up a few days later at 11:45pm.

Apart from finding a more agreeable family, has anyone found a reasonable long term car park that would make leaving a car less costly ?

Thanks

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by James Morgan - 14 years ago

A big thank you to everyone who contributed.  I shall look into the alternatives and an arrangement with the taxi. 

Also, should I need it I have the know how to turn my old Renault into a new Mercedes coupe.

Seriously, thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

LOL - you hardly have to commit TWO crimes.  Just drive up to P5 gates in T2, take ticket and then reverse out.  Then proceed to your criminal activities.  Need it be any more complicated?

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

The classic approach is as follows:

Pinch Renault 4 (or similar) from parking lot at Cap 3000Drive into airport car park, and parkBreak into, and hot-wire E-class Merc (or whatever) in parking lot at airportLeave using parking ticket you got when entering with Renault 4 (which you leave behind)

There are other, more sophisticated, ways. But, as with this one, they require skills that I (and I hope you) don't have. If you do have them then you also probably have the relevant knowledge, so it's hardly giving anything away....

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

It's quite easy.  I am not going to tell you how to do it on here because firstly it would just give admin more work and secondly because someone dishonest enough to try it and not smart enough to work it out for themselves might read this.

Let's just say there's another actor in the play.

Sorry no image available
Posted by topcat-180794 - 14 years ago

Question: How can a car be slolen for the car parks at Nice Airport if your parking ticket is not left in the car?

Sorry no image available
Posted by LindaB-183836 - 14 years ago

merci beaucoup pour votre assistance!  i will use the G1 or G2 parking - it sounds safe and the cost for 3 days would be less than a one way taxi ride !

lcb

Sorry no image available
Posted by irishman-180738 - 14 years ago

quote:I've tried to read the nice airport information regarding the different parking options.   my french just isn't good enough to really understand what it is saying. 

LindaB,

If its the English version official parking information that you are looking for you can find it here:  http://www.nice.aeroport.fr/acces_stationnement_en/parking/

Sorry no image available
Posted by Brightstar-189376 - 14 years ago

I travel regularly between here and London and there is no way I would leave my car at the airport. I use the local taxi driver, who is great, and for longer term storage, I use Cleverdons (check them out at www.cleverdons.net)

Brightstar x

Sorry no image available
Posted by LindaB-183836 - 14 years ago

Well, P8 certainly doesn't sound like a safe option judging by the responses so far !!

I've tried to read the nice airport information regarding the different parking options.   my french just isn't good enough to really understand what it is saying.  What would you say would be the best option (safety and price-wise) if, for example, i wanted to leave my car at the airport from Thursday night until the following Sunday night?  I have left it at P3 in the past, but that is rather expensive.

lcb

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pumuckel - 14 years ago

For years I parked my car at P5 or P8 and never had any problems, until recently... when I came back after a weekend trip to the UK I found my car very badly scratched on one side. I then heard that many other people had their cars damaged or stolen. P8 seems to be the worst... I won't leave it at the airport again that's for sure, even not for a short period of time.

If you don't want to leave your car at the airport, and public transport is not an option either, it's worth asking a local taxi driver if he/she is prepared to reduce the price in return for you using their services on a regular basis. A friend of mine tried this with a taxi driver in Cannes... it worked! He now pays 1/3 less for the taxi ride to/from Nice airport. Worth a try!

Pumuckel