DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Nice for the Summer...

Posted by LolCat - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by LolCat - 15 years ago

Thanks Max and Joe,Yes optism is good... but I'm not going to be able to pay for rent unless I can get a job, so I need to know how likely it is I can get something before I go out there.But then , i AM extremely beautiful and skilled at carrying pints... ;o)

Sorry no image available
Posted by jjoepage - 15 years ago

Not sure about this one Max; would you say that waite staff in general is 'extremely beautiful' and 'skilled at carrying pints'?  Nope.  So, somehow those non-extremely beautiful people got those jobs; some of them for only a month.  OK, maybe its not easy, but I'd say give it a try.  Many bars need extra help, for a month, around August.  Maybe you'll find one.  Optimism helps.Its all good

Sorry no image available
Posted by Monaco Max-189694 - 15 years ago

Getting accomidation for one month shouldn't be a problem, although you will pay €1000 a month for a studio. As far as getting a job in a bar is concerned, you are likely to find that positions are seriously over subscribed, and as management can pick and choose who they want, you will have to exceed people expectations to get a look in. To be honest unless you are extremely beautiful, multi lingual, and highly skilled in the art of carrying pints, (or simply prepared to lie and promiss to stay more than a month) I would say your chances of finding work are very small indeed. Still, you never know...MAX (of Monaco)