DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

no notice for medical exam?

Posted by gofrance - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by SammyT-194551 - 14 years ago

Oh, I forgot to say that the temporary carte de sejour is only valid for three months, so I had to get in renewed in December, so pay attention to the expiration date if yours takes that long!

Sorry no image available
Posted by SammyT-194551 - 14 years ago

I live in a different region, but I arrived at the end of last August and I didn't have my medical exam/x-ray until the middle of March.  When I got my temporary carte de sejour, I was told that the doctors were 6-8 months behind in appointments, so I'd think that you would get your letter in the mail pretty soon.

-Samantha

Sorry no image available
Posted by gofrance - 14 years ago

Oh, I sure hope that isn't what happened with us! I'd hate to have to apply AGAIN! Of course, it's better than it being because we were turned down... hahah. Do you happen to know the number to call?

Sorry no image available
Posted by gofrance - 14 years ago

Thanks. Hopefully that is the case with us as well!!! Cross your fingers for us.

Sorry no image available
Posted by berocca - 14 years ago

This happened to us too. After 6 weeks a friend rang on our behalf to the prefecture (not easy as she kept on getting put on hold or just hung up on or no answer at all). It turned out they had lost our files and we had to go back and resubmit them. The second time it took about a month to get our letter.good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

I seem to remember that it took longer than a month for it to arrive. Just as I started getting really antsy about it, it appeared in the letter box.

Lana