DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Noisy Neigbours

Posted by Kathy-180628 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 15 years ago

I have suffered twice from noisy neighbours in nearby houses holding parties late at night - and I mean late - I complained at 2 am and 4 am -and in both cases a call to the Municipale Police did the trick.  I found the police efficient and cooperative in both cases.

I have heard that the law here allows the police to impound the source of the noise (ie. hi fi) on a subsequent complaint.   Not too sure what they'd do if it's a screaming woman .... "yes officer ... you can have her!"

Sorry no image available
Posted by NadiaG-192314 - 15 years ago

It is not fine to make a racket at any time of the day or night. It is called tapage diurne up to 10pm and tapage nocture after 10pm but it is still a nuisance and the police can be called at any time of the day or night to deal with it. It is always better to try to sort it out yourself rather than wasting the police's time, but if the noise is really too much and the neighbours unreasonnable, report them and they will either receive a letter or a visit from the police, it generally deters them for a while?

Regards

Nadia

Sorry no image available
Posted by avsl - 15 years ago

It's fine to make a racket up 22:00hrs then it's Tapage Nocturne. This is the law unless you live in a co-propriete.Al