DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Nursery in Villefranche or Nice?

Posted by nickkuh - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

My wife and I are lucky enough to have jobs that enable us to work remotely. Currently we work from home in our London flat. However, I'm in the final stages of purchasing an apartment in Villefranche, which will allow us to spend a lot more time on the Cote d'Azur this year, although we both will have to be working from home while we're out there. I'd like to think it will be possible to come out for 1-2 month stints but this will be somewhat dependant on finding a flexible nursery for our 10 month old son Finn.Ideally we'd like to find a nursery that will look after Finn 4-5 days per week during the periods when we're in France.Any help very much appreciated.Nick

Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Shuba - 14 years ago

Did you have a bad experience Gaella? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We were very happy with our local garderie with a busy interactive program for the kids. The only problem that it was limited to 2, half days a week only. I think this differ from village to village.

Unfortunately they are the only existing nurseries in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />France. There are also French day mothers, limited to no more than 3 children and not easy to find, with the usual load of paper work to be involved.

Nickkuh, you will battle to find a group environment apart from above mentioned for your child. It is unfortunate and a problem for parents who seek this.

A solution is to find a child minder that is part of a regular group where they might meet up in a park or activity centre with the children on a weekly basis.

Sorry no image available
Posted by gofrance - 14 years ago

Please let me know if you have any luck finding someone in Nice for occasional care. We are looking as well for our 14-month-old, and would prefer a setting with more children so she can socialize.

Good luck with your search!

Sorry no image available
Posted by nickkuh - 14 years ago

Why not? Could you provide more information...

Sorry no image available
Posted by gaella - 14 years ago

I wouldn't send my child to a French state run nursery.

Sorry no image available

I should have looked in the jobs wanted section first. There seem to be quite a lot of live-out nanny's around. Thanks.Hopefully, we can find one who looks after 2 or 3 children as the one thing I really like about Finn going to nursery is how sociable it's helping him to become.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Shuba - 14 years ago

Your only solution would be to find private child minders. The French "garderie" is state run and does not always provide full time care and you will need to prove that you work and live in France in order for your child to attend.

If you look under jobs wanted on this forum, there are a few nannys looking for child minding. Maybe you can work something out.

Best of luck

Sorry no image available

No nurseries or child minders?