DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Oil central heating

Posted by Tammy-185364 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by courtiot-185037 - 14 years ago

Hi<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Is the oil you use called agricultural (red) diesel?  Our boiler is an English oil burner and is set to use keresin (paraffin) but we have not been able to find it here.  The boiler make is Worcester Boshe, we bought it in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />UK because it was the best and the physical size was smaller than those in France, not realising that we would have trouble getting the fuel in France.  The boiler is a balanced flue, combination and to be able to use the red diesel (I think it is called that) we have got to build a chimney and have the boiler “tweaked”.  It took us months to find out that we could not use the correct fuel for our boiler here. I would be very grateful for anyone that knows about this fuel for any info they can give me like cost, the name of the fuel etc.  Can you buy it in bulk?

Thank you so very much J

Sue

A good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help another up.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stefoil - 14 years ago

I have had oil central heating for years. You have a storage tank somewhere and you can fill this any time you like. If you look in the local yellow pages under "fioul" you should see quite a number of suppliers whom you can phone and ask to deliver at any time. Usually the minimum amount is 500 litres, last time i filled up the price was E0.58/litre. In extremis you can even go to certain petrol stations and fill a container from the pump but this is more expensive.

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 14 years ago

Certain big hypermarket chains (Carrefour, Lecerc, Bricomarché) have ways of buying oil by paying over 6 months for example - the publicity is about at the shops concerned already as generally it is less expensive to fill your tank before the end of sept/oct than once the cold weather sets in@+

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

It depends who your supplier is and what quantities you're talking about ! The fluctuation in oil prices would be a factor as well . ' Paiement en mensualities ' is the expression used , and you would probably have to set something up with the suppliers and your bank ( if it's local ).stgeorge