DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Omega 3 Oil/Capsules - Cheapest Place to buy?

Posted by Giggles-192315 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hi,

I would like to buy Omega 3 oil/capsules but they all appear to be VERY expensive in the pharmacies here?! Can anyone recommend the cheapest place to buy these?

Thanks

Giggles

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by attila-183479 - 11 years ago
Sorry no image available
Posted by yeahyeah-218184 - 11 years ago

Six years ago I was pregnant with my son and was told to take omega three as it was good for the memory and concentration of the fetus.

I was also advised to only take the omega 3 that had been plant derived since the fatty fish oils can also contain alot of toxins.

I hope this info helps someone out there .

kind regards.

Sorry no image available
Posted by SJ-190944 - 11 years ago

I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but I had my over-active, lacking-in-attention son on Cod Liver Oil containing kids' vitamins for a while and now make sure that I give him fish 3 times a week, and I swear that he has settled down and concentrates better. Of course, he could just be growing up, but at least I know he's eating well...

Sorry no image available
Posted by Robin Hood-198335 - 11 years ago

Done my research on it, it seems the brand 0M3 has the highest content of the most important compound in OMEGA 3 capsules and cheapest over all choices in pharmacies on the CDA including the product's own site. User for nearly 3 years, I really swear by them.Cheapest is about 30 euros for a box of 3 boxes (10 Euros/box/month intake for regular dosage) found at the parapharmacy in the Nice Etoile shopping mall on Jean Medecin Av in Nice.Or about the same price maybe a couple Euros higher in the Anglo-Franco Pharmacy in Cannes on rue d'Antibes. Pharmacy prices in the area vary greatly, usually they run about 30 Euros a box in other pharmacies... 3 times price of these 2 pharmacies.Info on OM3 is here: www.isodisnatura.co.uk OMEGA 3 prevents: emotional lows, cardiovascular diseases, lung diseases, joint/bone diseases. The above site gives all in detail plus explaining which compound is most important.Good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by cmcg06 - 11 years ago

Omega 3 is a type of unsaturated fat. Examples are decosahexanoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentanoic acid (EPA). Your body can make these fats but it is a slow process. These fats help to reduce the stickiness of the blood, thin the blood, protect the walls of blood vessels and research shows they may have a role in treating depression. Oily fish is the richest source of omega 3 fats. The omega 3 content depends on the fish, mackerel containing the most (2,500mg per 100 grams). If you eat oily fish regularly you will not need a dietary supplement. If you don't eat oily fish regularly a dietary supplement may be required to meet your needs. However, the FDA recommend that you shouldn't exceed 2grams (2,000mg) per day from a dietary supplement - you should always check the label before taking such supplements.

Sorry no image available
Posted by La Bonne Vie-193218 - 14 years ago

I hear a lot about all these oil capsules and have started taking them but can anyone tell me what they do for you

PB

Sorry no image available
Posted by Giggles-192315 - 14 years ago

Thanks to all who have responded to this posting:-))

Giggles

Sorry no image available
Posted by TerryT-188383 - 14 years ago

I use and can recommend this site. I'm not sure if they're the cheapest but they're very efficient.

http://www.biovea.net/

Sorry no image available
Posted by jaaaine - 14 years ago

have a look here..... very good prices & quality....... http://www.healthspan.co.uk/shop/product.aspx?id=O3-H

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

I buy ALL my supplements online from the UK.

Lana