DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Omega 3 Oil/Capsules - Cheapest Place to buy?

Posted by Giggles-192315 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by attila-183479 - 12 years ago
Sorry no image available
Posted by yeahyeah-218184 - 12 years ago

Six years ago I was pregnant with my son and was told to take omega three as it was good for the memory and concentration of the fetus.

I was also advised to only take the omega 3 that had been plant derived since the fatty fish oils can also contain alot of toxins.

I hope this info helps someone out there .

kind regards.

Sorry no image available
Posted by SJ-190944 - 12 years ago

I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but I had my over-active, lacking-in-attention son on Cod Liver Oil containing kids' vitamins for a while and now make sure that I give him fish 3 times a week, and I swear that he has settled down and concentrates better. Of course, he could just be growing up, but at least I know he's eating well...

Sorry no image available
Posted by Robin Hood-198335 - 12 years ago

Done my research on it, it seems the brand 0M3 has the highest content of the most important compound in OMEGA 3 capsules and cheapest over all choices in pharmacies on the CDA including the product's own site. User for nearly 3 years, I really swear by them.Cheapest is about 30 euros for a box of 3 boxes (10 Euros/box/month intake for regular dosage) found at the parapharmacy in the Nice Etoile shopping mall on Jean Medecin Av in Nice.Or about the same price maybe a couple Euros higher in the Anglo-Franco Pharmacy in Cannes on rue d'Antibes. Pharmacy prices in the area vary greatly, usually they run about 30 Euros a box in other pharmacies... 3 times price of these 2 pharmacies.Info on OM3 is here: www.isodisnatura.co.uk OMEGA 3 prevents: emotional lows, cardiovascular diseases, lung diseases, joint/bone diseases. The above site gives all in detail plus explaining which compound is most important.Good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by cmcg06 - 12 years ago

Omega 3 is a type of unsaturated fat. Examples are decosahexanoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentanoic acid (EPA). Your body can make these fats but it is a slow process. These fats help to reduce the stickiness of the blood, thin the blood, protect the walls of blood vessels and research shows they may have a role in treating depression. Oily fish is the richest source of omega 3 fats. The omega 3 content depends on the fish, mackerel containing the most (2,500mg per 100 grams). If you eat oily fish regularly you will not need a dietary supplement. If you don't eat oily fish regularly a dietary supplement may be required to meet your needs. However, the FDA recommend that you shouldn't exceed 2grams (2,000mg) per day from a dietary supplement - you should always check the label before taking such supplements.

Sorry no image available
Posted by La Bonne Vie-193218 - 15 years ago

I hear a lot about all these oil capsules and have started taking them but can anyone tell me what they do for you

PB

Sorry no image available
Posted by Giggles-192315 - 15 years ago

Thanks to all who have responded to this posting:-))

Giggles

Sorry no image available
Posted by TerryT-188383 - 15 years ago

I use and can recommend this site. I'm not sure if they're the cheapest but they're very efficient.

http://www.biovea.net/

Sorry no image available
Posted by jaaaine - 15 years ago

have a look here..... very good prices & quality....... http://www.healthspan.co.uk/shop/product.aspx?id=O3-H

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 15 years ago

I buy ALL my supplements online from the UK.

Lana