DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Only wood to burn ?

Posted by Nish-184598 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by courtiot-185037 - 14 years ago

Hi

I did say in my reply that we got it from BRICOMARCHE not Bricolage.

"Harbon" is the name on the bag and it is called Anthracite 20/30 in 25 Kg bags, purple and black writing on white bag.  The code on the bag is EMB:B02454 ref 43  BAR CODE ON BAG; 5  413073 001129

This is a list of shops on their web site  http://www.bricomarche.com/_pdv_brico/fr_pdv.htm

Sue

A good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help another up.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nish-184598 - 14 years ago

Hi

We have a Bricolage beside us and they have never heard of Anthracite they offered us charbon which is just bbq charcoal. Can you tell me exactly what the French call it and where you bought it?

Thanks

Thanks Nish

Sorry no image available
Posted by courtiot-185037 - 14 years ago

Hi

If you have a Bricomarche near to you they sell Anthracite in bags at about 11 euro a bag, one bag last us 3 - 4 days at full pelt, all day and night if you have other heating it will last a lot longer.  Anthracite is the hottest burning solid fuel, much hotter than coal.  Lasts a lot longer than wood, half a bucket on low setting will last all night.  In the morning if you sieve the remaining fuel of the ash you can reuse the fuel as it will burn some more, very economical fuel.  We stopped useing wood as it made the glass on our wood burner black as soon as the fire was lit and did not heat as well.

Sue

A good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help another up.

Sorry no image available
Posted by anthonyb-187880 - 14 years ago

Hi Nish, Ive just purchased some compressed peat in Castorama in Antibes. They come in a bale and cost Euro 6 . They are very good and last a bit longer than burning wood. We now use both together.

Keep Warm

Anthony & Carol

Kind Regards
Anthony Brophy