DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Orange internet

Posted by pmar - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by akw-205733 - 6 years ago

Hi, I cancelled with Orange a while ago and as you have found it's not simple. However, with a little cash you can make it reasonably pain free. I was happy to pay for the peace of mind!
First you have to be outwith the initial contract period otherwise you have to pay to get out of the contract as said here already. Assuming you are past this period then take the next step, and find in a search engine a company which takes care of the paperwork for a small fee. I used "resilier dot com" (sorry if that's advertising!) but there are others. You package all the items that came with the box cables, power supply the lot and wrap / seal appropriately. Then when you have all the documents from the resilier company (by email) you go to a postal drop - usually somewhere nearby - and hand over the box. Take the signed receipt and you are done.
All the paperwork is taken care of and you are free and clear, you get a nice note from Orange saying goodbye - they don't bother to try to hang on to you as a customer it seems - and the billing ceases all automatically.
Hope that helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by thinklucky - 6 years ago

Might assist - normally when you cancel an internet contract you have to send in the box etc whatever they sent you to set up with when they installed - I would strongly recommend you photograph what you have packed in your postal box and list it on a covering letter - send it with "avis de reception" - we had trouble with ours when we resiliated our Alice box. Good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by pmar - 6 years ago

Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by gunnersmate-286637 - 6 years ago

Further, if you click on the bottom right hand side under 'life in your region' it will give loads of useful info and contact numbers.. I live in the Lot and I notice advice given there can vary quite considerably as it does in other departments, I guess its pot luck...but you could try other department forums for further info on Orange!

Gunner

Sorry no image available
Posted by gunnersmate-286637 - 6 years ago

If you tap into the forum search engine on the right and type how to cancel a contract it will give a little advice. Normally you have to give 3 months notice in advance of the due contract date. If you try and cancel before the due date they have a right to charge you the difference and or make you stay until the end of the contract..small print is the key. I have been with Orange for a long time and am quite happy with them, but I guess it depends on which department you are with. I think if you are about to move to a different country they allow the cancellation before due date.. Hope that helps

Gunner