DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Ordanance Survey Style Maps of the Region

Posted by Aroncb - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can get Ordinance survey style maps of the regions. Around  St Tropez- Hyeres - St Raphael.

I am an avid Mountain biker and do not like going on the french roads (Suprise suprise)  so want to find a map to find good routes on open back roads and trails. 

Have looked all over the place for last month but none I found seem to have good enough resolution.  I need to see even the smallest trails or tracks ideally with individual buildings marked.  I can find nautical maps that show even the smallest of bouys and undersea hazards but nothing to satisfy for the land lubber in me. :-(

Thanks

A

Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

Not at the moment, you can't. There's a by-law in operation (click on Arrêté préfectoral) banning everyone from everywhere except public roads across a large chunk of the Alpes-Maritimes, as part of the fire-prevention thing. Makes hiking (or biking) a bit problematic...**************
Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aroncb - 14 years ago

Finally got the maps in the Library Book Shop in Menton just off the sea front - East Side...  They had a full range of "OS" maps.  Amazing you can pretty get much from anywhere to anywhere avoiding main/any roads - Good for us Bikeys....  hikeys and whatever elses....

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aroncb - 14 years ago

Thanks Mike just what I needed.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

Cartes IGN (the Institut Géographique National) do 1:25,000 (4cm=1Km) maps that are available from decent bookstores or online from the IGN site.

You can practicaly make out the individual sleepers on the railway lines...

Mike