DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

*paging* legend_in_my_lunchtime

Posted by Europe - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Europe - 13 years ago

(sighs....) well thank you legend, as ever, the fountain of knowledge, at least I know now, xxxxxxxxx at risk of outing do you work for them? or are you just super-brainy?

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 13 years ago

well *blush* - sorry not to have been around when you needed help.  Anyway Lana has it to a "T" - you need to get help from the service "derangements" on 1013.

Unfortunately for you, all they will be able to do is to re-initialise your mailbox which will clear your old forgotten code.  In order to set up a new one, you will need to have the phone physically in your hand.  There is no other way.

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 13 years ago

Instructions for "code sécret oublié" for 3125 is here.

Lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by Europe - 13 years ago

Thanks everyone for your help.

I've noticed when posting on message boards you often get lots of replies when only one would do- the answer!! I can't remember my code secret- I'm slightly dyslexic with numbers and can't remember what it is- I'm away from home and need to listen to an important message- I'm on the 3125 system. So I know I dial (home no)+ (6) + (****) + hash key.

It's the **** bit I can't remember. France telecom engineers have said variously today "non pas possible," hung up, told me to call back with my last bill amount. etc. you all know the drill. I'll keep trying them. Just wondered if anyone on here actually knew what to do in this situation.

Thanks anyway

Sorry no image available
Posted by reinrev5 - 13 years ago

You don't specify where the messages are, on your answering machine or on the serbice provided by France Telecom. In either case if you have created a password in the set-up parameters and I can't see how you could access them easily without the password YOU created. 

If it is your answering machine there is most probably a way to "break through" but one would have to know which program/which make, model etc of answering machine and maybe even the serial number of the machine. Don't forget the passwords are there to protect your stuff and there are most probably far more private/dangerous messages elsewhere than yours but who's to know what is what?

If it is the France Telecom Service there might be a way if for example you are elsewhere in France and you prsent yourself with ID at a F.T. shop. I do not know if this is possible, I'm only supposing so as this must happen and there must be a way. If you're overseas, short of rousing an Embassy or something equally drastic.........   

Sorry not to be helpful, the above is just everyday logic.

Reinrev

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 13 years ago

Without the secret code, you are a bit stuck.

You can check if you have any messages,

dial your number,

when you hear your answer message, dial 6

It will tell you how many messages you have.

To hear the messages, dial your forgotten secret code, then #

Tony