DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Paperback books to get rid of

Posted by squasher - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by squasher - 5 years ago

Dkernaghan.  Happy to let you have some. Where are you?  We are between Antibes and Sophia Antipolis.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dkernaghan - 5 years ago

I would be interested in taking some off your hands... message me

Sorry no image available
Posted by squasher - 5 years ago

Many thanks nissalabella.
I have tried the site and although a lot of books are worth nothing quite a few are worth some money. Totting up the total bit by bit.
Just as a joke I put in the ISBN number of my own book 'The Prophecy' and was surprised and very pleased to find that they offered me more than any of the books I actually want to get rid of.
 sunseapebbles - thank you for the idea. Tomorrow not possible but if they do any more events like that then I am happy to go along and help. 
Thanks for the ideas so far to everyone.   

Sorry no image available
Posted by sunseapebbles - 5 years ago

Probably too late...but the anglican church in Beaulieu is having a book sale in the morning after service. Post 11am. If you are free and can take them before service  it would be a good idea. I would purchase some. Also, you can stay after service and meet some fellow english seakers. They serve coffee and tea and are by and large a friendly group. There are also some excellent restaurants, beaches and walks close by if you wanted to make a half or whole day out of it. You should never throw books. Somebody will appreciate them. You are correct there.

Sorry no image available
Posted by nissalabella - 5 years ago

Go to the site "momox.de", they buy books with the bar code that you see on the books, then they send you - to print - the address with a prepaid paper to scotch on the parcel.  In short, the only thing you have to do is to contact them, they will quote a price for each book, total amount of each parcel needs to be at least 12 euro, than you need to pack them with their acknowledgement, stick the free stampage, and go to the post office.  Payment is made by transfer - they'll ask you for your details.  I did it for French and English books, and it works very well!  You can always dedicate the money received, as I did, to any charitable organisation you want.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

N.

Sorry no image available
Posted by gerry dalby - 5 years ago

The Secours Catholique shop in rue Bonaparte Nice have a large selection of books in foreign languages. I don't know if there is a SC in Antibes.  Emmaus Saint Andre de la Roche have a well catalogued book section. Louis Nucera library in Nice also accept donations.