DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Parking in/around Nice port

Posted by rosetta-185721 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Oh my, parking in Nice port is becoming impossible. Have tried to get an abonnement at the parking as you turn into the port and the main port carpark but they're all taken. Any suggestions for finding a place? It might even be quicker to get an abonnement in an old town parking - do they have them at the Cours Saleya car park? and walk 5 mins, rather than driving around for half an hour like I did last night! Any suggestions? At least there are places in the port, trying to park on the street in the old town must be a nightmare. Someone mentioned parking at the castle, which closes at 7pm, but not sure where this is? Any help appreciated!

Ro

Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Andy G-190935 - 14 years ago

oops! I saw 'Nice port' and read 'Nice airport'.

My wife always says I never listen. I guess I don't read properly either!

Sorry  

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonwynne - 14 years ago

Be aware parking at the airport, the locals have a game of how many hub caps they can collect..I know.... as we have new Hub caps on the car.

and one can always get the famous 23 bus and leave the car somewhere in sunbus secure parking....

Simonice

Sorry no image available
Posted by carolie-182474 - 14 years ago

Hi Rosetta,

I think the only solution for around the port is to rent a space. Try the local estate agents there is one called Richer I think beside the new insurance shop at the end of bd stalingrad or miramar on bd franck pilatte just around the corner. Both rent parking spaces locally, it maybe slightly more expensive than car parks but if you think about driving around for ages and then a long walk back home especailly during the summer I think its worth it. I hope this is of some help

Regards

Carol

Sorry no image available
Posted by Andy G-190935 - 14 years ago

yes it's grim. There used to be on old bit of waste ground near the arenas but that's being developed now. I parked for one day a fortnight ago next to the river Var near the RN7 bridge just before you arrive at T2, but I'm not sure about leaving it there long term. I know they clamped down on a lot of cars that were there last year. If can park your car the night before you travel, I think you can find some places still around the arenas. You can leave your car there for your return trip, but that still leaves you with the problem of how to get the the airport the next day! 

It's a shame the long stay parking is so expensive. There's no budget 'private' parking company I know of. It would be a good business opportunity for someone with a minibus and a bit of land near the airport. anyone???

Andy