DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Parquet floor - saw hire or cuts at DIY store?

Posted by jduncan - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by jduncan - 5 years ago

Thanks very much for your advice/recommendations!  It is much appreciated!

Sorry no image available
Posted by 42-746566 - 5 years ago

hello

i had a guy lay my parquet  flooring (who was recommended to me by someone else)

he is very well priced and did a great job

his name is chris. tel number 0616593164

Sorry no image available
Posted by 42-746566 - 5 years ago

hello

i had a guy lay my parquet  flooring (who was recommended to me by someone else)

he is very well priced and did a great job

his name is chris. tel number 0616593164

Sorry no image available
Posted by A Breath of Fresh Air - 5 years ago

Salesman?  If it's not too late, don't buy the boards!!  If you were being sold them by a salesman, you can get them cheaper elsewhere.  if you need them fitting, let the installer buy them: you will get the right materials and the right quantities that way.

Louisa

Sorry no image available
Posted by jduncan - 5 years ago

Thanks very much for your replies.  I suspect it is a bit more complicated than the wood flooring salesman led me to believe....

Sorry no image available
Posted by wimbledon - 5 years ago

You cannot pre cut your boards. You only know once you are laying the boards where they need to be cut and their is much more tools needed than just one saw. If you buy real parquet flooring get someone who knows what he is doing and got the tools for it. Don't forget your underboards, soundproof sheets, sanding the parquet if you use real wood before sealant and clean well before applying also leave a bit of space to the walls to let the wood expand and most of all make sure you join the boards proper otherwise it all opens up later. good luck with it 

Sorry no image available
Posted by ereiamjh-229420 - 5 years ago

You should first ask at your CE (if you have one at your company). Sometimes they have tools for loan.