DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Part - The law

Posted by ravemonster - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

Hi,

I want to hold a party at my place but I am afraid that I will upset the neighbours so much that the Police or the Syndicate will get involved.

Is there a way I can legally have this party without any trouble?

NB: I will be using a 500 watt PA system so the music will be very loud.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanx

Rave

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sul123 - 10 years ago

well done sunshine for finding this old topic, ide definately be up for a party like that if ravemonster is still aboutThanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by kahuna_burger - 10 years ago

so is Rave monster still about though? if so is he going to hold any more parties? let me know if he does!

Sorry no image available
Posted by sunshine-girls - 10 years ago

Yes I did take note of the date. If you wake-up :) - I wrote 'all his musings' ie: THIS AND THE MORE RECENT.....

Sorry no image available
Posted by lilu-219833 - 10 years ago

hello sunshine

must have got to much of this sunshine, the posts are dated 2003!

Wake up!

Sorry no image available
Posted by sunshine-girls - 10 years ago

I now think I may move permanently to Nice - purely from reading all 'ravemonsters' numerous musings - feel I am really missing out here in Londres......

Sorry no image available
Posted by foxy chick-188243 - 15 years ago

tell your neighbours, and dont have too many people there, can i come pleasee! hoe old r u? :s Sabah Bukhari

Sorry no image available
Posted by ravemonster - 15 years ago

Hi,

Looks like I am going to have a party afterall. I will be playing out at La Gaffe this Saturday 21st June 2003 (i.e. fete de la musque jour).

I've been booked for an oldskool theme night so make sure you come along dressed up in school uniform.

I start playing at 10pm. By the way it's twoofers (2 drinks for the price of one) between 10 and 12 so make sure you there nice and early because it's gonna be jam packed.

I look forward to seeing you all.

If you have any requests please post them here or send me an e-mail.

Cheers

Rave

Sorry no image available

Hi airletter,

I don't think my party is going to happen. Even if the police let me play to 1 am it is far too early for what I have in mind. Looks like I will have to hold it at another venue :-(

I hope your party went well even though you had some uninvited guests!  :-)

Cheers

Rave

Sorry no image available
Posted by airletter - 15 years ago

Ravemonster

Did you have your party? We did... and had 12... yup TWELVE Gendarmes turn up on our doorstep at 12.30am. Truncheons drawn, Smith & Wesson's at the ready! When they deduced we were not a bunch of doped up teenagers or illegal immigrants, they agreed to allow the band to continue playing until 1am, after which we had to stop or I would be fined 5,000 euros. Needless to say the plug was pulled at 1.

Sorry no image available

@Geezer

I doubt it will be a rave. I intend on playing mostly House music because most of Trance released recently isn't that good.

If I were to play Trance it wouldn't be that hard either, I am not into hardcore music.

For those of you that do like Trance here is a remix of mine - I've mixed two tracks you that you all should know:

http://www.ravemonster.info/MobyvsFaithless.mp3

Cheers

Rave

ps: you are only as old as you feel.