DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Passport stolen, help please

Posted by Fanchi - Created: 10 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fanchi - 10 years ago

Thanks everybody, I've checked the embassy website and it seems I can get an emergency passport, but it won't be valid for my return - I'm only going for a few days to Uk, so I'm going to have to postpone trip and send off for a new passport to Paris - I shall call them tmw anyway and say how soon can will I get it - could be ten days according to website - also can't make out if they want my birth certificate or not, confusingly says on the form you download that you do, on the information page you don't - if they do that's going to be complicated because it's in England!

Sorry no image available
Posted by FT-209482 - 10 years ago

I believe there is only a honorary consul in Nice. To obtain a temporary passport you should contact the British consulate in Marseilles if you don't wish to go to Paris.British Consulate-General24 Avenue de Prado13006 MarseilleTelephone: (33) (0) 4 91 15 72 10Facsimile: (33) (0) 4 91 37 47 06Email: MarseilleConsular.marseille@fco.gov.uk

Sorry no image available
Posted by happylady-219869 - 10 years ago

Hi sorry to hear you were burgled. When you make your police declaration at the station tell them you are meant to be flying to UK or even Paris to the Embassy they will issue you a document that will allow you to fly without a passport. I will be honest I am not sure if this piece of paper will allow you to fly out of the country but anyway talk to the police. Last point isnt there a british embassy in Marseille?

sue

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fanchi - 10 years ago

SJ, Yes, I've done the police statement about theft of passport, sothat's cool, luckily had a photocopy of it for the police, so I'll try calling Paris Monday first, then if that's too complicated I'll do the Nice route, thanks both of you very much.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jada-211073 - 10 years ago

Cant remember the exact details but when this happened to a friend of mine she went to the consular office in nice and got a document to help her get home after we had spent a morning in the police stattion . Also check out http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1059132531933e you should get all the info there

Sorry no image available
Posted by SJ-190944 - 10 years ago

In the meantime, have you made a statement to the police about the robbery, especially the theft of your passport? Not sure if you might need something to show the embassy.

Sorry no image available
Posted by SJ-190944 - 10 years ago

Phone the British Embassy in Paris (find their number on AngloInfo) and they should have either automated information over the weekend, or phone them first thing on Monday morning and they may be able to sort you out with an emergency temporary travel document.