DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Paying Utility Bills on the Internet

Posted by hambakwe-188035 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

I spend a lot of time away from S of F and my trips back are quite unpredictable ... I need to pay my water, electricity, phones etc and would like to pay on-line.

A posting on AngloInfo last week led me to think this might be possible - I wrote to the guy but got no reply.

Does anyone know the urls for these services, and/or have any other info.

Thanks,

Ham 

Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by JohnD-185075 - 14 years ago

hambakwe,I'm in a similar situation to you - I spend a lot of time working away from France and I don't have a usable French bank account.I pay my France Telecom bill online in the same way as irishman using my UK debit card (or you can also do it by dialling 3000 from within France).You can ring EDF and ask them to send you a Direct Debit form, which will enable you to pay your bills directly from your UK bank account - there's a small transaction fee each time, but it's well worth it for the convenience (IMHO).HTH

Sorry no image available
Posted by irishman-180738 - 14 years ago

FT:

I pay my France Telecom bill online with my Carte Bleue - you'll need to register for their "Espace Client". To do this:

go to the following link: http://www.espaceclient.francetelecom.com/pu_index.htm click on the link that says: "Ouvrez votre espace client". From this point you will need to enter your phone number and the amount of your last bill.I think it then asks you to vreate a username and password.

They may require that they send you a contract in the mail but after this is in place - you can see your consumption online and add and remove services. You can even move your phoneline to another property (should you move) without talking to a soul.

EDF:

EDF also have a personalised portal. They send me an email every 2 months and ask that I send them my meter readings. When I enter these into their portal - they record these for my bill and display the amount that the bill will be for. I don't pay my EDF bill online (yet).
Register here: http://monagence.edf.fr/ and click on "Vous n'avez pas d'Espace services".

Water:

I haven't seen any online billing info on the "Lyonnaise des Eaux" site but other companies may offer this.

Sorry no image available
Posted by hambakwe-188035 - 14 years ago

Thanks for the info Mike,

Off Piste wrote to me last week about sat systems and I asked him the same question, his address worked OK then.

Ham 

Sorry no image available
Posted by dublinmike-182617 - 14 years ago

If you're also 'Offpiste' You got no reply because the reply I sent you bounced. User at domain unknown. Or if it wasnt' you, details below.

I use www.telefact.fr   Although the credit card service for EDF is suspended, but I hear they're bringing it back.  I've also been told that the EDF/GDF are introducing a telephone credit card payment option. Use Telefact for paying France Telecom anyway.

I'll forward details to you as I get them if you send me a working email address.

There is a way to check your EDF account on the web, and they're sending me details in the post. I can't find anything useful on the site but they assure me it's all on the way.

Regards,

Mike
PS My original reply was friendlier :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by hambakwe-188035 - 14 years ago

Mike,

Thanks for the advice, but I want to pay off UK account on a debit card and I hear you can do this on-line.

Ham

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

Most utility bills can be paid by direct debit from a French bank acount.  It is reliable and as far as I am aware quite safe.