DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Persistent Annoying Alarm in Beaulieu sur Mer

Posted by Armarie - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Armarie - 5 years ago

Thanks relocatella - I wonder if that would be the municipal police or the gendarmes - the latter being slightly more on on the ball in my opinion.  We have had two alarm free nights now which has been total bliss - maybe the technician did his stuff - we can only hope for a peaceful Christmas!

Sorry no image available
Posted by relocatella - 5 years ago

Maybe if you file a complaint, the police will have to search for the owner.

Good luck anyway.

Sorry no image available

Thanks Robin Hood - with a name like that I would hope you have a few wily alarm removing tricks up your sleeve yourself!  I find it strange there isnt uproar in the streets surrounding myself but a lot of the buildings near the house seem to be empty and locked up for winter so I suppose we dont have the riot I would have hoped for.  The worst time is if it goes off at about 4.00 am as it wakes us up and then one is just left fuming and the rage makes it hard to get back to peaceful sleep again.  When I met the immediate French neighbour to the alarm house he spoke very fast French so I couldnt catch it all - but did make out 'molotov cocktail'!  As I said before, the police couldnt have been less interested if they tried and there was a lot of Gallic shrugging going on.  Grrrr!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Robin Hood-198335 - 5 years ago

Thanks for the posting!  Been wondering what the alarm is, as it sounds very much like a car alarm but going off almost every night and no one to stop it, I thought was strange indeed!  I live across Villa Kerylos and can hear it!  Can't imagine neighboring that!  I am surprised the police or gendarme hasn't done anything about it since they seem to be very responsive whenever my neighbor complains about noise from another neighbor - very minor noise like speaking on the talking a bit loud or music, so really shocked they've let this go on!  I'm sure attracting some media attention such as Nice Matin will surely do the trick.  Gang up with your French neighbors who might be able to help you get this piece of news out there.  It's a very bad example to potential burglars and makes for a very good story  to tell.  Can't believe this can happen in our lovely and seemingly very safe Beaulieu... Good luck!  I'll be keeping an ear out for your success! 

Sorry no image available

Well we went to the Marie - just an angry posse of self and husband - and the lady there did phone the management agency who said apparently there had been a technician round only this morning which sounds a little too good to be true but everything crossed that is what happened. It beggars belief the owners can just swing off back to the UK with nary a thought of havoc an alarm can cause. This area is hardly crime central anyway - no one else seems to be alarmed to the hilt. It is also a little alarming that municipal police et al could not basically care less - feel tempted to invite one to stay the night with us to see for himself!

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 5 years ago

might be worth going en masse with as many angry neighbours you can get together- be more convincing to your averageMairie individual who doesnt want to do anything too complicated/time consuming/unusual. Try making an appointment perhaps rather than just turning up, so tthey can be psychologically prepared for a dozen angry people

best of luck

Sorry no image available

Thanks so much euro kine will try the Marie - we've only been here a few months and our French is not very good - security firm singularly unhelpful, never returning calls etc though I did point out how would they contact owners if there was a real burglar. Police just say 'desolee' there is nothing they can do. The nearest neighbours to the house are desperate - we are considering shooting the thing off the house!

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 5 years ago

maybe the mairie would know, if they own the property it should be registered with them. Otherwise the hotel des impots would know for tax d habitation/foncier & all that (which are winter bills so would be presumably sent to them directly) Whether or not either of these bodies would give you the info is another matter, tho they should be prepared to give it to the police if you can persuade them of the seriousness of the situation.

Wierd that the security firm dont have any contact details tho, you d think they d have an e mail or something if ever the alarm went off for a real problem