DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Portable phone problem

Posted by szozu - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

I've been experiencing lots of problems with my phone lately. There's often a lot of noise or echo making it difficult to have a conversation, though people on the other end can hear me clearly. This does not happen with every call. So, is it the carrier (Bouygtel) or the actual phone?

Lana

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 13 years ago

Hi Mike,

It seems to be a bit of everything. The reception in my bedroom is not the greatest and that's where there's an big apartment building directly opposite. I've noticed that our neighbour there is constantly walking out onto his terrace to scream into his mobile. In the living room, where the view is not totally blocked, there is better reception. However, I once got a call from someone when I was in La Bocca, where it was almost impossible to understand anything. I then used someone else's phone and spoke to the same party and it was crystal clear.

For me the worst reception is when speaking mobile to mobile. I think maybe it's time for a new phone. I would love to hear what others have to say about their reception with Bouygues.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 13 years ago

Are you experiencing the problem always in the same place, or wherever you are?  If it's the former, then you're in a bad area (as I am) for reception.

If it happens all the time, put your SIM card into another 'phone, if the problem has gone then the culprit is your 'phone.  If not, blame Bouygues.

Good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 13 years ago

With all the portable phone users out there, I can't believe that no one has the answer to my question!

Lana