DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

printer recommendation

Posted by lilith-199307 - Created: 11 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by JillyBennett-181429 - 11 years ago

I've just bought a Samsung SCX-4200 which is a black and white laser printer + scanner + photocopier. It's brilliant and SO fast. I don't need colour for my main printer.Good reviews at FNAC. I also bought an HP PHotosmart A618 which is a tiny inkjet printer for photos only. (Still in its box). Also at FNAC. Jilly

Sorry no image available
Posted by TimTorn - 11 years ago

If colour/photo quality is important then look at Canon (print speed) or Epson (not durabrite) models.TimTorn

Sorry no image available
Posted by selkie-187145 - 11 years ago

The colour and print quality for the hp 2575 is excellent -there are also different inks available depending on whether you want to print everyday stuff or photos/artwork including vivera inks with light fastness rated at 108 years [by wilhelm research].I suspect the many of the other HP printers can use the HP Vivera inks but i don't know for certain so if you want long life prints it might be worth checking that in advance if you opt for an HPAlison

Sorry no image available
Posted by lilith-199307 - 11 years ago

thankyou for your answers. the colour quality is important to me.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 11 years ago

I would also recommend HP, but the model depends on your needs and the quantity of printing you intend to do, also do you need black only, colour, photo quality colour, and so?

Oki are very good too, and I would avoid Lexmark.

If you are doing a lot of black printing and only a low volume of colour, it might pay you to get a laser printer as the running costs are much lower than the inkjet type, and a cheap colour printer.

Sorry no image available
Posted by selkie-187145 - 11 years ago

I'd recommend the HP 2575 [its an all in one scanner/copier/ printer currently about 125 euros on Amazon.fr]I used to be loyal to Epson's durabrite ink printers but they started getting almost disposable, just scraping to the end of the one year guarantee before keeling over as they are very susceptible to blocked printheads Alison

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChristopherL-188542 - 11 years ago

HP3310 without regrets