DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

PRO PHOTOGRAPHERS

Posted by angel-187474 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Colombe-190374 - 14 years ago

Could you please forward me the address and contact numbers angel?

Thank You

Sorry no image available
Posted by angel-187474 - 14 years ago

OK .. 

Olive ~ sorry I can't give you any personal recommendations as I'm not involved in the club scene.  However I've found a weblink that may be useful to you  >>  Fédération Photographique de France which has a listing of various clubs, including one in Cagnes sur Mer.

Le'Fox ~ thanks for the compliment and the offer.  All going well however, I should be heading out of the country for a few months very shortly.

A couple of handy links for digital enthusiasts:  The most helpful and informative site I found is in French >>  Arnauld Frich Photographies.  Another helpful site (in English) is >>  Dry Creek Photo.com

So that's about it from me for a while I guess.  See ya'll folks!

... et Bonne Année!

xx. A

Sorry no image available

Hi folks

Please excuse me for not having answered some recent queries. Have been out of action for a wee while.  Shall try to respond to your emails etc over the next couple of days. 

Kind Regards ... Angela

Sorry no image available
Posted by le'Fox - 14 years ago

Sorry about the above, I CAN spell but I haven't learned to proof-read yet.See ya,JR

Sorry no image available
Posted by le'Fox - 14 years ago

Angel, I am setting up feature film production in CdA and will need a photographer that knows the area and has deductive reasoning skills which you obviously have. Additionally, if you aren't working taking cool shots, you could easily earn money as writer, you are definately a natrual born writer/communicator.Send me you info if you are interested.JR

Sorry no image available
Posted by Olive-192080 - 14 years ago

Hi,

Sounds like you know a lot about what photography facilities there might be in this area. Are you aware of any clubs or darkroom facilities in the Cagnes sur Mer / Vence / Antibe area? (BasicallyI want to develop and print b/w films).

Cheers.

Sorry no image available

sp. correction :   'uniformed' should read 'uninformed'

Just getting in first so give me a break ... surviving on about 4-5 hours sleep a night at the moment.

xx. A

Sorry no image available

Oh .. Theo ... thanks for your info.  You're a swell type I can tell! 

xx. A

Sorry no image available

It amazes me how much more money there seems to be floating around, rather than skill, knowledge and intelligence.  Does money indeed buy the right to be ignorant??  The number of labs I have come across with some of the latest high tech and incredibly expensive equipment (hundreds of thousands of euros worth) – yet don’t even understand, let alone use, half of the capabilities of their wondrous machines.  (I’m sure this doesn’t apply solely to the world of photography).<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The responses I’ve had until now from various businesses usually involve:   a blank look .. followed by an uniformed, obviously incorrect answer (whatever entered the little empty head first) .. followed by the ‘this chick’s a pain in the derrière’ look … ie … just pay and leave pleeeeze!

HOWEVER …. Today we walked into a lab in Veille Antibes … it was one of the last on our list of Frontier labs to try.  How on earth did I ever miss it?!  All I can say is “WOW” …. These guys possess the “wow-factor” when it comes to knowledge, skill and intelligence!  And service …. Wow again!  What a difference not to be treated like “une espece d’idiote penible”  when I walk in and request information a little aside from the norm. 

In fact … he knew exactly the types of questions I needed to ask him, and not only answered them but also gave me a lot more pertinent information that he knew I’d require or could use in the future … and offered to obtain certain ICC profiles from Fuji for me if I couldn’t find them myself off the web. Also …  they will help me obtain the correct colour calibration between my equipment and theirs.   And even though they don’t do matte paper printing on all the sizes I wish … if I can provide the demand … they can provide the paper!

Both the guys who own and run the shop are ex <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Fuji technicians .. they installed and maintain their own equipment.  These guys are experts!  These guys are professionals!  It was like a breath of fresh air ..; and even though I only discovered them today and haven’t yet had the chance to output any prints through them … I know I have found my knights in shining armour.  They say they charge a wee bit more than other labs … but believe me .. if you’re interested in quality and you’re as particular as I am .. it is WORTH it!    

I am posing all this info on AI for two reasons:  good, professional service deserves merit – as we folks are normally so quick to complain, yet slow to give credit.  Secondly … from a year of browsing different photographic forums on the subject of colour calibration etc …. It seems nearly all debutants in the business climb the same mountains … so if I can be of help to anyone similar re info, that’s swell.

This lab actually deals primarily with the general market .. but are obviously quite accustomed to the information requirements of the pro market.  If anyone wishes to know their name and location … feel free to email me using the AI link.

xx. A