DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Problems with Fujitsu Lifebook

Posted by KvV - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 14 years ago

If it hasnt had an overdose of champagne, a burst of compressed air will clear out all the crumbs, dandruff, pieces of gnawed fingernail and all the other unsavoury detritus that gets wedged under the keys and stops them working.

You can get tins of compressed air especially made for this job at any nerdy looking PC shop.  (Ask for London Fog)

If you dont have an anorak, run it down to your local filling station and give it a blast with the tyre air line.  Make sure it is pointing away from you.

Tony

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

I helped a friend with a Fujitsu lifebook keyboard problem a year or so ago.  It had received a little more champagne than was good for it and only half the keys worked.

As she had a US keyboard, the French service wasn't able to help.  But the USA 800 number came up trumps - they ordered a new keyboard for the princely sum of $19 and another $10 for shipping.   Once I received it in France, their tech support talked me through the secret of how to find the hidden screws.  Altogether - 10 days for the part to arrive and about 15 minutes fiddling around replacing it.  Their number is on their web site.