DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Purchasing on line in France

Posted by attila-183479 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by reinrev5 - 14 years ago

Yes I fully agree with stgeorge. Generally, if you can find it over the counter at a discount store, you can at least take it back to the same place if there are problems. As far as I am concerned the French still don't know what after sales service is, so I prefer being able to  take something back and dump it on their counter.

The only on-line stuff I buy are computer bits and then I tend to use << ldlc.fr >> through which I am generally delivered in 48 hours.

Reinrev

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

I get all my stuff from mistergooddeal.com and have never had a problem but its been mostly computer hardware and photographic equipment ! I would suggest that for a hassle free Sony TV cheap ( er ) deal any branch of Ubaldi is excellent , especially the one the Nice side of the Airport . Every time I buy something on promo. the guy knocks off another 5-20% at the cash desk - incredible for France ,and they're really helpfull into the bargain !stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by irfs - 14 years ago

I tried cdiscount.com for a dvd player

they sent me one that was brokenn, then resent another that was not multizone, I sent it back, thank god i had a receipt from the post office as they denied ever receiving it, then it took 8 months to get the money back from them, all the time calling premium rate numbers, it must have cost 30 ebucks in calls alone.

In the end I went to Carrefour.

Sorry no image available
Posted by attila-183479 - 14 years ago

Thanks, but that is where I found Multidiscount listed !!!! I obviously picked the wrong one.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Spidey-189686 - 14 years ago

If I were you, I would visit the site:

www.kelkoo.fr

It is a brilliant site for buying anything, basically it searches the internet for the best deal and compares them for you.

Never far away

Spidey