DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Question about heaters

Posted by mcclain - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

Hello,

We are using space heaters in our drafty house and have found them to be expensive and not particularly effective.  We have had several contractors and EDF around to consult on the best heat system and they recommend an inverter heater.  Does anyone have this system that they can comment on?  We don't know anyone who uses this to ask if it is effective and if it does indeed give the consistent, even heat that it advertises. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

McClain

M. Percy

Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by irishman-180738 - 14 years ago

I have such an inverter heater for sale - €120 by itself or €130 with 19L fuel.

My mobile number is: 0678544818

Sorry no image available
Posted by hornblower - 14 years ago

Can you please tell me where you purchased your inverter heater and how much. I would like to buy one.Regards Des Park

Sorry no image available
Posted by hornblower - 14 years ago

Can you please tell me where you purchased your inverter heater. regards Des Park

Sorry no image available
Posted by lespalmiers - 15 years ago

If anyone wants a house heating sized heatpump and knows how they work etc then hire a van and contact me as i have one in Brittany which was fully operational until the house owner decided he was going to burn wood instead of electric. You can have it !

Regards, Les

Sorry no image available
Posted by feadship - 15 years ago

Best money you will ever spend.

Sorry no image available
Posted by michaelh-184806 - 15 years ago

Hello, I recently bought a mobile Inverter heater. It is absolutely brilliant, heats up a room in about 2 minutes. runs on paraffin and I have it on a lot, during the day too, I go through one 20Lt fuel bottle every 6 weeks, cost about 25€.

The heater cost about 200€ new and has a thermostat so it switches off and on to keep a constant temp.
Winter has been a joy this year.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 15 years ago

Where do you live - Puget Theniers ?

A heat pump is recommended !

stgeorge