DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Questions regarding delivery vehicles in France

Posted by partyboy - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by partyboy - 14 years ago

So is there anyone out there, living in Nice, that had to get a permit for their removal company?Paul

Sorry no image available
Posted by partyboy - 14 years ago

OK. It's all by-the-by really. What riles me is that the company turned up on the outside of town yesterday, realised they couldn't legally drive into Nice and decided to stop at the airport. They then said it was my fault and I should have arranged a permit, even though I had no idea how big their truck was.And also the company has done trips to Nice before and knew what the score was, but remembered too late this time.Plus the company hasn't really explained what it would do even if it did have the permit, since they were also trying to say that they couldn't get the truck into Nice anyway...I had to hire a van to drive out to the Airport, and then pay them extra, for 'waiting time'.Oh yeah.Paul

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 14 years ago

Trucks are certainly not allowed on the roads from 22.00 on Saturday or the eve of a holiday, until 22.00 the Sunday of the holiday, so they werent allowed last weekend

Trucks are also banned from the centre of Nice.  It is almost certainly possible to get exempted from the ban for deliveries in the centre, and I guess you would ask at the prefecture.

Tony