DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Re-mortgage recommendations?

Posted by NigelB-181158 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Paul Carmel-190537 - 14 years ago

Try Mike Luxford 00 44 130 4364 434 he is a broker, most of his work is in Spain with Uk lenders but if the risk is not so bad he can find lenders for a French re-mortgage

Good luck

PC

Sorry no image available
Posted by kirstya - 14 years ago

Hello,

I got my mortgage through MortgageFrance with Carole and although mine was different circumstances then you, i can whole heartedly recommend them. They were helpful above the call of duty!!

Good luck

Kirsty Achterhuis

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

Tim's right - the trend in the UK (especially) and other countries to liberate perceived equity value from property is deprecated in France. I say "perceived", because house prices (like any other investment) can go down as well as up, and the French approach is massively more cautious then that of the UK - indeed, there is a general feeling that building up capital value is a Good Thing (and "liberating" it is thus a Bad Thing).

However, Carole and Tony at www.mortgagefrance.com will be able to advise you (as Tim says) from the perspective of professionals. There are ways of doing it (and not by being "fly" or illegal)...

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by Theswan-186225 - 14 years ago

Hi Nigel, it is difficult to remortgage in France, it is possible but only to improve your property I think, not just to raise capital. It may be an idea to speak to an independant mortgage advisors, Mortgage France have been very helpful for me in the past, email Carole@mortgagefrance.com

Good luck

Tim