DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Recommend an Airline?

Posted by donnahelyer - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hi,

I am living in Monaco and need to fly to Southampton in the next couple of days... Can anyone suggest a company I can fly with, or know of any GOOD Air Charter Companies??

Many Thanx

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

There used to be a train from Gatwick to Southampton ... possibly with a change in Portsmouth

Sorry no image available
Posted by susiepodd - 14 years ago

Fly to either Heathrow or Gatwick - British Airways has some good prices at the moment.  Then catch the coach direct to Southampton where it stops outside the newly built shopping centre.  If you fly to Gatwick the coach goes up to Heathrow and then down to Southampton which takes an age.  Of course you can catch the train from Gatwick to Clapham Junction, change, and back down that way but South West Trains are not the most reliable, especially at weekends.  I have been stranded at Basingstoke, Reading and Woking in the past and recommend the coach service.

Susie

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

You can fly to Southampton via Paris CDG or Amsterdam, but it would probably be simpler (and more cost effective, if that is an issue to you, and I suspect it isn't as you are talking about charters)  to fly to Gatwick from where you can get a direct train to Southampton.