DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

recommendations for business start up

Posted by first lady-192070 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by rmac99 - 15 years ago

Mach does know what he is talking about but he is very, very expensive. For another english-speaking accountant, try Karim Hacen on 0620 342538 in Nice. He is far more reasonable.

4500€ for annual accountancy fees is not normal for a small business, neither is 3000€ to set up a company (I paid 400€).

Sorry no image available
Posted by mfn - 15 years ago

Thanks for all the answers, do you think that 4,500euros for the accountant each year is a normal price, I've no idea.And is it true that "charges' come in at 25% of your income.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sumday - 15 years ago

Hi there

I went through exactly the same thing a year ago.  I contacted Blevins Frank and they recommended Mach Nguyen at GSC, Sophia Antipolis (Tel: 04 92 96 22 00).  It took about 2 weeks I think for me to set up a SARL and it cost nearly 3,000 euros. 

I do feel quite confident that Mach knows what he is talking about, and that he is very helpful.

In hindsight, my biggest mistake was that I assumed that the process was very much like the British system, which it isn't.  Mach did recommend that there were much cheaper options than setting up a SARL. but I just preferred the limited company scenario.  However, I didn't realise that the yearly accountancy costs would be around 4,500 euros even though my company hasn't started trading yet... and since I started it I have been told that I was mad to do it this way!

If you are looking for what type of business you should get into .. you can always follow the French example and try one of the following 3 options:

Poulet Roti stand, Hairdresser or Pharmacie .. you can never have too many of either of those .. apparently!!!!!

Anyway .. good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by tommytart2000-189122 - 15 years ago

Ihave just gone through starting up a small business,yes I am still standing only just !!!!!. Can recommend a fantastic guy Jean Michel Negueroles of Artwell Avocats 0492387111. he will advise you on all you need to know. Goodluck Val Huffington

Sorry no image available
Posted by first lady-192070 - 15 years ago

Thanks for the info. ap but I am in Antibes and was thinking of finding someone more local than Aix

Sorry no image available
Posted by ap-192108 - 15 years ago

Don't know if it's any help but my French wife works

for a French tax law firm (FIDAL) in Aix.

There is a young biligual business accountant Timothy Storrar who should be able to help you on 04 429 724 16.

Believe he's on hols at the moment but should be back on Monday.

ap