DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Redirecting your home phone??

Posted by Peacock-187994 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hi there,

Can anyone help?

Is there a number that you can key into your phone to redirect it if you are out? In the UK and Holland, it was fairly easy to just redirect to your mobile. Do France telecome offer the same service? Would be really handy to find out. If not, what about a France telecom voicemail, can that be set up easily enough instead?

Sorry to sound stupid but my French in really poor.

Thanks

Peacock

Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Spidey-189686 - 14 years ago

Brilliant, thankyou very much indeed for the help. Maybe even I can handle that

Cheers

Peacock

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

Redirection is called "transfert d'appel" by France Telecom.  It works as Mike suggested *21*{10-digit redirection number}#

You can also access call redirection from another location by accessing the nationally available "3000" service.  This is a pretty handy service as it allows you to "pull" your phone calls to you when you find that you are away from your office/home longer than you expected to be and want to redirect your phone without having to return to the office/home to do so.  However it does require you to PRONOUNCE a couple of simple French phrases as it works with a vocal menu.  It also requires that you have set up a PIN on your line that you are redirecting.

"Transfert d'Appel" is a billable service (first 2 months free then 1.50€/month) so to activate it you will need to have your latest FT bill in your hands (expect a security check question like "how much was your last bill?") when you telephone your "agence commerciale" on 1014 to ask for the service to be activated witin 24 hours.

Voicemail service is called "Messagerie Vocale" or sometimes referred to as "TopMessage".  It is free and can be enabled within 24 hours by calling 1014 without any further justification.  Access is on 3103 or 3125 depending which service your exchange puts you on.  If they offer you a choice - take 3103 as it is simpler than 3125. Remote access is available on 3203.

All of this info and much more is to be found here.  Click on "Les services"

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

*21* number #   for redirection of calls (I think you have to subscribe to and pay for it.

3103 for FT voicemail.

You should find full information in the front of your phone book or on the France telecom website.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - 14 years ago

What im about to say probably wont help much, but Monaco Telecom offer the redirection service and all I pay is the connection charge. Its totally free to set up.

max