DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Reduction on EDF bills

Posted by CaroW-190284 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by ian81-188951 - 13 years ago

This doesnt seem to add up -take electricity at 10 cents per unit so 50 % reduction off 100 units is €5 per month!! The paperwork to do this will probably cost more than the benefit. Or is a way to occupy EDF staff!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by CaroW-190284 - 13 years ago

Thank you for your reply.  I was wondering if it is a right, or whether one is means tested.  Obviously if one earns less than 5520 Euros a year, one doesn't have much money!  You say other reduced rates and other forms of assistance - does that mean other people offer reductions as well?  I suppose it's if you don't ask you don't get!

Sorry no image available
Posted by cfischmann-195468 - 13 years ago

That is correct. You need to make a written application to your local EDF agency. If you have problems paying your bills, there will generally find a solution to help. In the event of several non-payments, they may reduce the amount of power to the minimum required to have the essentials working (lights, fridge, and other small things). EDF/GDF will never cut off supplies completely. Try to write letters, they can do marvels. Being French I know the system well. There are plenty of ways to get reduced rates and other forms of assistance.