DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Rubbish Query - Beaulieu sur Mer

Posted by harrow-323732 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by harrow-323732 - 5 years ago

thank you fallen angel - amazingly they even seemed to pick up rubbish yesterday (Sunday evening) as well - I don't know if that was just a one off or if they in fact pick up every single night of the week, recycling on Wednesdays.

Sorry no image available
Posted by fallenangel - 5 years ago

Hi,

Firstly welcome to Beaulieu and I do hope you enjoy living here.

Regarding your enquiry re the disposal of garbage, as already mentioned every evening from Monday to Sautrday the rubbish is collected from around 8 pm onwards and it has to be placed in a visible spot on the sidewalk. Carboard packaging and recycling bins are emptied every Wednesday evening. Heavy "encombrants" stuff such as matresses and unwanted furniture is picked up on the first and third Thursday of every month but it is adviseable to call the service which deals with this on 3906 before hand to make sure there is space and the manpower to get the stuff into the truck. For bottles and magazines and newspapers there are the necessary bins at the end of the road running alongs side the Super U supermarket and at the bottom of Rue Edith Cavell.

Best wishes,

Maddie

Sorry no image available

LMN - thank you so much for the website info - it explains very clearly when the rubbish is picked up so that is a real life saver when we are just about to disappear beneath a big pile of it. Yes Beaulieu does indeed seem lovely and I look forward to enjoying it once all the boxes are unpacked.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LMN-212936 - 5 years ago

Welcome to Beaulieu, it is a great place to live. You can get details of all you might wish to know from www.beaulieusurmer.fr .

In the central part of town, where I live, the poubelle lorry comes around Monday-Saturday, around 8 pm.

Sorry no image available

Oh - thank you very much! Its hard to adjust to such a rapid pick up after a rubbish collection every two weeks in some parts of the UK! Which is why we used to rely heavily on taking stuff frequently to 'the dump' ourselves.

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 5 years ago

by saturdays I meant friday night/saturday morning. Generally it's saturday night/ sunday mornings that there is no collection, sorry for the confusion

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 5 years ago

check with the mairie website- it should tell you the day for recycling collection (which means dont put out general rubbish that day) and if there is a rubbish collection on saturdays (not generally one on sundays). Otherwise bin collections are 6 days out of 7 in most towns
The website should also tell you the nearest dechetterie where you can take stuff too big for a bin bag (or to get rid of a lot of stuff in one go)
Generally there is a first whicheverday of the month for the monster collection but an individual appointment can be made through the mairie if you have alot of household sttuff to get rid off (no builders rubble as a rule)
I think you arent supposed to put stuff out on the street before 19 hr whatever the collection might be

Sorry no image available
Posted by garoolgan-207343 - 5 years ago

Check with your neighbours first (in case this has changed) but in Beaulieu last year, the first Thursday of the month was "encombrants" evening. This is when you can put out an old fridge, bed almost whatever.

You will notice people putting rubbish out as early as the first Wednesday of the month at various collection points, just follow suit!

As for cardboard they will generally take that on all evenings. Just tie it up in neat and easy to grab bundles and don't overdo it by putting a mountain of the stuff out in one hit.

Garoolgan