DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Satelite dish & Freesat box

Posted by Hudson1922-201544 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mcgreen - 5 years ago

Not using the 1.5 at the momemt, not necessary getting Channel 5 OK on a 1m even in the evenings (not that I watch it that often), when I get a moment I probably will but need to run some new wiring and prune the orange tree!. Just adjusted a customers 85cm as they were loosing Channel 5 in the evenings that is now OK. Getting some 1.1 and 1.2 meter dishes this week and will compare them with 85cm after Easter to get a view on what is likely to happen. So if the dish is well aligned in good reception conditions (no rain) I think will still be possible to get away with 85cm. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Flamingo-205057 - 5 years ago

mcgreen - how are the 2F channels on your 1.5m in the evening?

I upgraded to 1.2 but I don't think it will be big enough going forwards, as I have started to lose recption in CH4HD and the 5 channels in the evening. 100% on everything else.

Sorry no image available
Posted by StephanieC-185633 - 5 years ago

Your welcome !

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hudson1922-201544 - 5 years ago

Hello Stephanie,

Thank you for your reply.....That sounds really great, I would certainly be very pleased to have your contact info. I really only need the BBC channels, don't need Sky so that sounds perfect!

Thank you again.

Richard

Sorry no image available
Posted by StephanieC-185633 - 5 years ago

Hi

We just had a new system installed which does not require a dish. We receive all the UK free view channels. Email me and I can give you the company name.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mcgreen - 5 years ago

It Won't. 85 cm is a realistic minimum and with the changes coming in summer 2013, BBC and presumably the rest of ITV to Astra 2E then 85 will be a minimum in this area with a realistic of 1m or 1.2m if you want some reception when it is raining moderatly hard