DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

satellite signal problems

Posted by snowqueen-191196 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

Our satellite reception (we have 80cm dish and watch free-to-view channels) seems to have become much weaker over the summer. There doesn't seem to be a problem with dish just that it we often get weaker signal on channels we previously watched.

Am based near Cannes and interested in knowing if anone else is having same problem and what might be cause (assume that buying a bigger dish would improve signal but not a financial option at moment).

Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by snowqueen-191196 - 13 years ago

Many thanks to everyone for their helpful suggestions. Problem finally solved after husband went up on roof to jiggle and re-tighten dish, which must have shifted slightly with the winds.

Sorry no image available
Posted by davidl-181802 - 13 years ago

A follow up to my hasty reply,

What channels are weaker? What is you signal quality on the box (press services, system, signal test I thnk from memory). Ignore the signal strength meter but concentrate on getting signal quality.

***Google is our friend. ***

Sorry no image available
Posted by LER - 13 years ago

80 cm is fine. If the signal is poor I suggest you first start by checking the allignement as it may have moved slightly which will significantly impact the signal quality

Sorry no image available
Posted by LER - 13 years ago

80 cm is fine. If the signal is poor I suggest you first start by checking the allignement as it may have moved slightly which will significantly impact the signal quality

Sorry no image available
Posted by davidl-181802 - 13 years ago

80cm dish is fine even for the astra 2d signals (the weakest ones). Check your alignment, your cable and then your LNB.
***Google is our friend. ***

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonwynne - 13 years ago

One could asume to view channels from that northen hemsphere.....you may need to change your dish to a 100 as the sat providers have been altering footprints due to legal commitments.

bonn chance

Simon Templer