DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

satellite signal problems

Posted by snowqueen-191196 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by snowqueen-191196 - 14 years ago

Many thanks to everyone for their helpful suggestions. Problem finally solved after husband went up on roof to jiggle and re-tighten dish, which must have shifted slightly with the winds.

Sorry no image available
Posted by davidl-181802 - 14 years ago

A follow up to my hasty reply,

What channels are weaker? What is you signal quality on the box (press services, system, signal test I thnk from memory). Ignore the signal strength meter but concentrate on getting signal quality.

***Google is our friend. ***

Sorry no image available
Posted by LER - 14 years ago

80 cm is fine. If the signal is poor I suggest you first start by checking the allignement as it may have moved slightly which will significantly impact the signal quality

Sorry no image available
Posted by LER - 14 years ago

80 cm is fine. If the signal is poor I suggest you first start by checking the allignement as it may have moved slightly which will significantly impact the signal quality

Sorry no image available
Posted by davidl-181802 - 14 years ago

80cm dish is fine even for the astra 2d signals (the weakest ones). Check your alignment, your cable and then your LNB.
***Google is our friend. ***

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonwynne - 14 years ago

One could asume to view channels from that northen hemsphere.....you may need to change your dish to a 100 as the sat providers have been altering footprints due to legal commitments.

bonn chance

Simon Templer