DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

saturday

Posted by scottydogWB-188647 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by scottydogWB-188647 - 14 years ago

chris,just spent 40mins down loading net meetings and when i tryed to get into it ,it say that it cantbe installed on wy version of windows xp although its on my screen along with messenger can you shed any light on the situation?

scottydog

Sorry no image available
Posted by scottydogWB-188647 - 14 years ago

well 1st i managed to watch the vidio clip i was expecting through windows messenger but dont know how i did it!but not managed to have a one to one through it ,been sending messages but not getting anything back,so down loaded your netmeetings hope that is easy to use?

cheers for the help though

s dog

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChristopherL-188542 - 14 years ago

Hiya ScottyDog.  You won't find NetMeeting on XP as Microsoft are trying to have Messenger replace it.

Messenger is pretty good but the downside of it and Yahoo etc.  is that you both need to be connected to a pre-registered service. 

Netmeeting is technically anachronistic but it is gfood for impromptu 1 to 1 chats and desktop sharing.  You will need to install it separately on XP.  The kit can be downloaded here.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kmdd-189863 - 14 years ago

Or you could use Yahoo... it's very easy... just register for an account and then download yahoo messenger.. also works great with a webcam and mic...B.A. B.Ed.
M.Ed (in progress)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aroncb - 14 years ago

I use msn messenger version 6.0 for this with a web cam and microphone..

Image quality depends on web cam quality and internet bandwidth..... 

http://messenger.msn.com/Download/  download messenger from here

Just click on audio and web cam buttons once you are logged into your MSN account.