DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Schools in the Var

Posted by VictoriaL-191137 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

We live near Vidauban in the Var and have 2 girls aged 2 and a half and one. We would like the eldest to go to maternelle next year and she is currently registered for the state maternelle schools in Vidauban and Les Arcs. We are slightly concerned about their class sizes (around 27 to 31) and we would also consider private schools if we could find one fairly close. Does anyone have any information on schools in this area or advice they could give us. Vicky

Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nikki-180635 - 14 years ago

My eldest son went to the ecole maternelle in Le Cannet des Maures and we were very happy with it.  Despite quite large classes (maximum 28) they were always divided into small groups (max 6) to do activities, and each class does of course have an assistante as well as the maitresse. 

His French was already good before starting school, but he had a German girl in his class who started not speaking a word of French, and within a few weeks she was chatting away fluently.

Sorry no image available
Posted by davidn-184078 - 14 years ago

My son went to the school in Lorgues when he was two untill three years old, it is very good, small groups, but I don't know if they will take children from other villages, it may be worth a try.  Good Luck.david n