DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Search French lawyer speacking English !!!

Posted by superlv - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by C J Flynn - 16 years ago

Having just set up an SARL, I have a comment or two to make,Next time I will confront the concept of screwing it up myself and just go to the Chambre de Commerce as Mike describes. I wanted to do everything by the book and make sure I was taking future considerations into account. So I paid a small ton of money to a lawyer, twice what I must have earlier misunderstood. In the end, I have the company. But it took a long time, one of the things that I was trying to avoid in the first place. And it (the process, not the lawyer) didn't handle other things that I thought were being taken care of. And now I find that I have to churn through the motion again to make changes, again paying a lot of money.Maybe your situation will call for a lawyer. But check with the Chambre first. Maybe you can return to the forum with a good story to tell.C J Flynn

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 16 years ago

See:

http://riviera.angloinfo.com/af/56/

But you don't need a lawyer to set up your English company in France. You can go to the Chambre de Commerce (in Antibes, for Sophia), as explained in this thread. Assuming you will be performing commercial activities in France you probably want either a succursale (branch office) or a wholly-owned subsidiary that is itself a limited-liabilty joint stock company, or SARL.

Mike